- DHA is the most abundant structural fatty acid in the brain and nervous system and plays a vital role in prenatal and postnatal brain development.
- Researchers propose that DHA may play a role in maintaining myelin and neuronal health, supporting healthy eicosanoid metabolism (especially in the brain), and exerting pleiotropic effects to support healthy metabolism and aging.
- Higher DHA levels were significantly associated with better performance in the areas of nonverbal reasoning, mental flexibility, working memory, and vocabulary.
- DHA is recognized for developing and maintaining eye health and function during early life. Optimal retinal and visual cortex maturation were understood to depend upon dietary DHA during development, and visual acuity and mental development were “seemingly improved by extra DHA.”
DHA is found in fish oils. The production of fish oil concentrates requires converting the fish oil into a form that can be encapsulated. There are typically two different forms of fish oil supplements:
- Ethyl Ester (EE): Using a chemical process called “molecular distillation”, the natural triglyceride form of a fish oil is broken apart and an ethanol molecule is attached to the free fatty acids created. This process allows for a “fish oil concentrate,” but these fish oils lack a glycerol backbone. Because of this the fatty acids are unstable and are looking for an available triglyceride backbone which they may take from an existing molecule in our brain or body. When this occurs, our cells are actually damaged. Additionally, studies have shown that ethyl esters are the least bio-available forms of omega-3’s.(1)
- Triglyceride (TG): Fish naturally contain the omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) as triglyceride esters. Evidence suggests that triglyceride (TG) fish oils are better absorbed in comparison to EEs. And because we can only use what we absorb, absorption is VERY important! So, because they are better absorbed (and because they aren’t creating a domino effect of unstable fatty acids in our bodies), TGs are better than EEs.
BUT… you know what’s up to 3x better absorbed than triglyceride (TG) fish oils?
Our bodies enzymatically break down triglycerides into monoglycerides that we can then use, but Protect & Restore is already enzymatically broken down into its high potency monoglyceride form. This makes Protect & Restore up to 3x more absorbable than typical triglycerides!
This technology means that the DHA, sourced from cold water fatty fish, has already been pre-digested so that up to 3 times the DHA and EPA is able to be readily absorbed by our cells. One of these per day is a priceless gift to our incredible brain. We ALL need this stuff. It is an honor to share this epic quality product with you!!!
DOES NOT CONTAIN: Wheat, gluten, corn, yeast, soy protein, dairy products, shellfish, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, or artificial preservatives. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.