Consultations and Coaching
BRAIN CONSULTING & COACHING
No one seems to plan for brain injury, brain disease, mental breaks, or any other neurological condition and no one knows what to do when faced with the effects…. I know my family and I were not prepared. In this information age, we are bombarded. It is near impossible to sift through the libraries of information to find effective tools to optimize brain function and repair. I have navigated the winding roads of recovery, and have been researching the brain like my life depends on it… because it does!
Navigating the hospital bureaucracy, working with social workers, and getting your loved one the care they need is not something that anyone prepares for or are experienced with unless they have been through it.
I am able to provide the perspective of someone who’s been there as well as the expertise of many professionals and doctors.
As is often said in the brain injury field, “if you’ve seen one brain injury, you’ve seen ONE brain injury.” All brain injuries are different, and all medical situations are different depending on the hospital, geographic location, medical team, nutritional availability etc. Books and articles cannot specialize information that is specifically tailored to your loved one’s particular circumstances. I partner with my clients to help them to be the most effective advocate and to bring about the best outcome possible.
Who are my clients?
- I work with clients who have a loved one presenting with brain challenges from minimally conscious states to post-acute rehab to rejoining the workforce.
- In addition to helping those faced with brain injury and disease, I also help healthy people get the most out of their lives by developing personalized strategies to feel awesome and accomplish awesome things.
ACUTE & RECOVERY CONSULTING & COACHING
- I help you to be an empowered and effective advocate.
- I work with clients through their emotional pain to find power and purpose.
- I help loved ones to harness the confidence needed to effectively help their loved one.
- I help to bridge the gap between doctors, dietitians, and other health-care professionals to ensure treatment is informed and cohesive.
- I speak with clients and healthcare providers to establish a partnership with the health-care team working toward an optimal outcome.
- I help to design a game plan to improve symptoms, function, and to expand the capacity of how much joy you are able to experience.
- I help you and your loved one to find happiness, purpose, fulfillment, and strength when living with a difficult condition.
- I to navigate the landscape of recovery, research modalities, and call on professional contacts to explore the best possible options.
When is the best time to work with me?
The early stages are the most crucial time for recovery and are indeed the best time to start working with me. When comatose there is so much that can be done that is not within the standard of care. Additionally, the brain is most plastic (able to adapt and to change) early after an injury, making the early stages a powerful stage to ensure positive, rather than negative plasticity. When we practice doing something the wrong way, especially in an enhanced state of plasticity, we get very good at doing whatever it is the wrong way. With guidance, we can be sure to give your loved one the best possible outcome. Many times when I work with clients in the acute or subacute stages, because we come in early after an injury and begin to implement neuro-protective and neuro-regenerative protocols early on, one month is all that is needed. And that is the ideal outcome.
That being said, the brain is always plastic, and we can feed a brain (in so many more ways beyond nutrition) at any stage to optimize brain function. And with the brain functioning optimally, anxiety fades away and is replaced with clarity, purpose, and drive.
While working with clients, I collaborate and consult professionally with:
- Registered dieticians
- Social workers
- Functional neurologists
- Registered dieticians
- Physical, occupational, speech-language, and vision therapists
- … and many other specialists
If you are serious about optimizing you or your loved one’s recovery and are ready to take certain steps, schedule a discovery call with me.
No matter where you are in your life if you think I can help you…
Schedule a Call:
Invite Cavin to Speak at Your Event!
In 2011 Cavin Balaster sustained a severe traumatic brain injury that left him comatose with less than a 10% chance of ever regaining consciousness beyond a persistent vegetative state. He didn’t eat, walk, or talk for months while he was in the hospital. He was breathing from a tube in his neck, receiving nutrition from a tube in his belly, and his left hand was completely flexed inward.
About a year after his injury, he was introduced to a nutritional protocol that helped him begin to regain some clarity. That’s when he dove into an intense study of why nutrition made such a difference. For over 6 years, he has devoted his life to studying metabolism, neurometabolism, mechanisms of neuroplasticity, neuroscience, and nutrition, while reaching out to doctors, researchers, practitioners, and neuroscientists, to learn everything he can to optimize his brain function and to maximize his recovery.
Book Cavin to share his experience and perspectives with groups of all sizes — conferences, keynotes, luncheons, lectures, commencements, graduations, classrooms, and private gatherings. His drive is to help as many people as possible in the greatest way possible and he does so by bringing an informative, personal, positive, and genuine approach to speaking that reaches people of all walks… from middle school students to practitioners and businesses.
My goal is to provide an upbeat and informative experience with useful takeaways, on a variety of topics such as brain injury, vision, rehabilitation, neurology, nutrition, physical therapy, and mental health. Of course, if you have something special in mind, we’ll work together to make sure you’re satisfied. I tailor my comments and direction to suit audiences and situations. I also enjoy Q&A sessions–and as a musician, I’m more than happy to perform. I’m passionate about guiding and inspiring others to empower themselves.
Looking Forward to Hearing From You!
I’d love to hear from you!
- To schedule an interview, write INTERVIEW in the subject line and provide details.
- For sponsorship applications, write SPONSOR in the subject line and use the message section to describe what it is that you, your clinic, or company do for neurorehabilitation and/or brain optimization.
- For consultations, you can visit my consultations page to schedule a discovery call.