Watch: Three Reasons to Care About Nutrition If You Care About Your Brain
There are so many reasons to examine the link between nutrition and brain health. As a brief response to a recent question about my interest in nutrition, here are just 3 lesser-known reasons we should care about the gut-brain axis.
This video is the first of a series on the link between brain health and nutrition called, “Food for Thought.” Check out more on YouTube!
Food for Thought: The kind of calories you put in your body affect your brain.
- Much of the dry matter of the human brain is lipid
- Children are not to be deprived of healthy fats during development for brain and nervous system
- Inflammation anywhere in the body may inflame the brain
- The gut is often a primary source of inflammation
The Gut-Brain Axis
- Connection between brain and digestive function is known as the “gut-brain axis”
- Impaired functionality of either the brain or gut can affect functionality of the other
We met a few years ago in Austin at the Texas Writer’s Conference. I am working on a psychology doctorate and am really interested in all you are saying about the neuroplasticity from a stand point of someone who has actually had traumatic brain injury. Please keep me posted on your continued teachings and diagnosis and positive neural feedback because you are your own destiny and you prove that everyday.